nakikibasa ka lang

Saturday, April 28, 2007

feels like home again

last saturday, i received an invitation from a friend i haven't heard from for such a long time. surprisingly, my dad allowed me to go to his party. dad has always been strict with things like these. and besides, high school friends are not in his top priority list of friendships to keep.

anyway, it's not important anymore.

what made me reaaallly happy was that i was able to see my "math friends" again. team quesci has always been like family to me. can't wait to give each of them rib-breaking hugs. its difficult to find people who share the same interests as you. specially if other people would think that you are beyond normal. having special skills, enriching talents and deep passion and love for math is a different formula to concoct. and once you have all of these together, it is difficult not to get hooked to it. its like a drug that your system keeps on searching for lest, it becomes restless.

its been a while since i felt that familiar bond among us. although we have taken slightly different paths, one link still binds us all together. despite the endless taunts for me to transfer school, i still want to stick to my decision while i still can.

i love being with them. they revive my passion for what i have always loved doing. (by the way, i haven't forgotten that damn cube root thing. i haven't figured it out yet.. damn! i feel so stupid). now, i feel like sticking to my course doesn't feel too hard anymore.

besides our similarity, another thing that keeps us intact is our friendship. yes, it is something beyond passion. it is what the heart feels. friendship that has turned to familial bond. i haven't felt that warm feeling for quite some time and i only feel this when i am with team quesci. maybe jireh's right. i know that i impose a specific aura so people would see me in that way. but with them, i don't have to pretend to be someone else so that people would approve of me. i just have to be myself, but still loved and cared for.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home